WHAT IF YOU COULD BECOME WORLD-CLASS IN ANYTHING IN 6 MONTHS OR LESS? The 4-Hour Chef isn’t just a cookbook. It’s a choose-your-own-adventure guide to the world of rapid learning. Tim Ferriss takes you from Manhattan to Okinawa, and from Silicon Valley to Calcutta, unearthing the secrets of the world’s fastest learners and greatest chefs.
Ferriss uses cooking to explain “meta-learning,” a step-by-step process that can be used to master anything, whether searing steak or shooting 3-pointers in basketball. That is the real “recipe” of The 4-Hour Chef You’ll train inside the kitchen for everything outside the kitchen.
Featuring tips and tricks from chess prodigies, world-renowned chefs, pro athletes, master sommeliers, supermodels, and everyone in between, this “cookbook for people who don’t buy cookbooks” is a guide to mastering cooking and life. The 4-Hour Chef is a five-stop journey through the art and science of learning:
- META-LEARNING. Before you learn to cook, you must learn to learn. META charts the path to doubling your learning potential.
- THE DOMESTIC. DOM is where you learn the building blocks of cooking. These are the ABCs (techniques) that can take you from Dr, Seuss to Shakespeare.
- THE WILD. Becoming a master’s student requires self-sufficiency in all things. WILD teaches you to hunt, forage, and survive.
- THE SCIENTIST. SCI is the mad scientist and modernist painter wrapped into one. This is where you rediscover whimsy and wonder.
- THE PROFESSIONAL. Swaraj, a term usually associated with Mahatma Gandhi, can be translated as “self-rule.” In PRO, we’ll look at how the best in the world become the best in the world, and how you can chart your own path far beyond this book.
The 4-Hour Chef PDF
This book is a “how to learn anything” book masquerading as a cookbook. As such, I consider it required reading for those who want to learn to cook and those who want to learn any new skill. Save time learning any new skill by figuring out the best topics and the best order to learn them before you start.
Learn the few important skills that will bounce you up to a high level the fastest. (This is easier than it sounds once you realize how few people really take the time to optimize their learning. It doesn’t matter how long you practice if you’re not practicing the right things in the right way…).
Tim Ferriss has done the work of learning to teach you how to cook both to teach you how to cook and to teach you how to do the work of figuring out how to learn something new as quickly and effectively as possible.
This book excels at both. In addition to basic learning and cooking skills, it has three other sections on hunting, traditional (a.k.a. hard) recipes, and modern science in the kitchen.
Download The PDF
|Book Title||The 4-Hour Chef|